Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
In digesting the points you have made, I see more validity in the points at the top of the page as having any influence on an investment decision. Those metrics measure the underlying health of Intel's business. If a trend begins that starts to change those fundamental metrics - it will show in the quarterly reviews over a period of time.

Thats precisely what i said, it (the effect) will not show till at least q4 2000. Reason being the semi is very undersupplied. So there is no need for turf/price war yet.
The gorilla model is good, but not foolproof! Also I see the follow rules being violated:
1. high barrier to entry.....amd is in.
2. discontinuous innovation (no longer true for intel).... amd's innovation is more than competitive.

IMHO, we are hearing the footsteps!
Just look at msft, one major legal failure set the stock down by 48%.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.