No. of Recommendations: 4
A few weeks ago I wanted to close my NetBank account and got a ridiculous response from a NetBank rep detailing that I would have to wait 14 business days for a check to be cut and the account closed. I posted a message about it at http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17195401 .

I also wrote a letter on planetfeedback.com, and today received the following response:

May 17, 2002

Dear Mr. zskii:

Thank you for contacting NetBank....I apologize that your request of 5/2/2002 to close your account has not been processed. This request should have been processed within one business day of receipt. It is not a policy of NetBank to require customers to wait 14 business days for the receipt of their funds. I apologize for the misinformation. Interest will be paid on the account up until the date of closure. Your account will be closed today and you should receive the funds within 5-7 business days....

So, NetBank's problem seems to be that they don't have a dumb policy, just horribly uninformed employees. Well, at least one, but based on the experiences I've read here, more than just one. While any company is going to have employees that are uninformed, I would bet that compared to the 'customer service stars' such as USAA, FIBI, State Farm Bank, etc, NetBank doesn't spend as much time or money on training and quality assurance.

-z

btw, my check arrived in a separate envelope today too.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.