Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
[[In my mind, the advice you need is not whether to
report this in 1997 (that's an easy one in my book), but instead how best to deal with your
employer and how best to document the correctness of your position. In part that will depend on
who your employer is and what the motivation might be for this bizarre approach to tax reporting.
Ignorance? Laziness? Possibly a desire to make 1997 P&L look better by eliminating this item as
an expense???]]

Kat in Chicagoland hit the nail right on the head. You can't get better advice than this. You're going to have a fight on your hands one way or the other, so be prepared.

And thanks for KAT taking the time to look at this issues. I just figured that there was something very basic that I was missing. But "bizarre" seems to be the correct statement.

TMF Taxes
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.