Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I would like to start a drip portfolio of my own. Should I use The Moneypaper, or do I need to go through a company like that at all? Wouldn't it be more Foolish to avoid their fees? What are the first steps to take for a newbie? Please...explain it to me like you would a six year old.... Thanks, Knavish
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Knavish,

Welcome aboard!
My first suggestion to you is to look at the bottom of this page, and click on the links beolw to learn about DRiP investing. the basics are there, and if you have questions on them, feel free to post them here. :)
As for using the Moneypaper, that's a decision that you're going to have to make yourself. You are going to have to buy the first share from any of the services that will purchase it for you, (Moneypaper) or through a Discount Broker. However, before you do this you will need to check with the broker on how much it will be to get the certificate, some charge a rather large fee! Another option is through a Direct Purchase plan. You also need to check on these, since there are sometimes fees also. A few stocks allow you to invest directly in the company without paying any fees, but they carry a minimum purchase requirement.

I hope this is what your looking for! Click on the links and take some time to read the info below.

Dave Quinby
TMF Python

Print the post Back To Top