Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
In other words, they're trying to keep this board friendly. If you can post in a friendly manner, no doubt your posts will stand. Spitting hatred and venom doesn't go over big around here.

Nancy

Ahhh! Dissention is a form of marketing (“It's a floor wax!” “No it isn't, it's a dessert.”) and, as in my post to Twitty saying more razzmatazz is needed, a means to increase the hoopla surrounding The Feste Carpe diem.

Time now to splash this across TMF in banner headlines:

'Posts zapped at Feste as tempers flare. Film at eleven. Planet Xeenu becomes repository of spitted hatred and venom.'

'Un-named poster says that un-named Feste nominee is un-nameable for the Award. Unidentifiable film at eleven.'

'Can the Feste be saved from being lost in a haze of smut? Phlegm at eleven.'

And what could be my favorite:

Susan Lucci threatens TMFTwitty with beating if her man Michael is shut out of The Feste Award. Fists at eleven.'

Whatever, that there's dissention is not a bad thing even though this here isn't PA, or, as I call it, 'The Land of Grayed-Out Posts'. When I found that one nominee was a gray person I shrugged. Life is full of surprises. Life is also full of prizes also but not all get them.

As for this dissenting poster these words: if you write in such a manner that this board expects. i.e., with some literati leaning, your posts won't be pulled. You could have said, “If you're going to give him a berth, make it a wide one,” and everyone would understand.

Saying %^#$&)(@#_$)_@ isn't the way.

Peace.

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.