No. of Recommendations: 1
In particular I'm wondering about experiences with non-HD channels. From reading the reviews picture quality seems to be a problem with both of these sets.

I don't know if there are any differnnces, other than size, between my Samsung HLP4663w and the 61" set you're considering, but I have no complaints of any sort with my set. We rely strictly on the standard cable channels; we have not subscribed to HD service. Pixilation on std cable is noticeable only if I get to within about three feet of the set; otherwise, the image is beautiful. No audio-video sync problems, either (reported in earlier models). Also, everything I've heard or read about Samsung is that they stand by their products. The HLPs come with 15 months parts and labor warranties (12, if you don't register your set (I did it on-line) within ten days). And the lamp is user-replaceable.

Schvitz
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.