Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
In response to CVS expanding West... that would be the logical step.

When I worked there, my manager told me that CVS is considering moving down to Florida and westward.

His dream was to be selected to become a trainer for potential managers in the new market in Florida (nicer climate, etc.).

Of course he has left the company since then and returned to Israel. The point is that there is no reason to believe CVS isn't going to do just that.

It takes time to work out the logistics and the distribution system (not to mention acquire a few competitors along the way).

The way I understand it is that CVS cannot train enough managers to expand right now. I recently went back to my old store in CT. Some of my co-workers of five years back are still there. I was shocked to see a kid straight out of high school working as an assistant manager. This would never happen five years ago.

This only shows you this is a potential obstacle for expansion.

The bottom line is that I still have faith for the place where I first got my first job. Just have to go with gut instinct....

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.