No. of Recommendations: 2

In spite of the criticisms I intend to carry out an experiment of the proposed method with a hypothetical portfolio of good quality growth stocks over a period of one year from now.

Not me. I like what you are doing. Solid, data-driven, experimental research.

This is intended to be a LTBH portfolio except that a stop loss limit of 10% will be imposed on all the stocks to limit the downside.

This is an idea strongly promoted by IBD. I think they put the limit at 8%. If that really worked, the academic world would have discovered it long ago. They have data dating back 100 years and could run the models on it to confirm or deny. There is no lack of grad students and computing power.

At the end of the year the performance will be compared with that of S&P 500 Growth ETF, VOOG or IVW.

The best performing asset class of the last 100 years is the S&P 600 Small Cap Value index. Why not compare against the best?

"In God we trust. Everybody else please bring data."
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.