Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Last Thursday they did some x-rays to determine the focus for the tumor bed "boost". Friday was the last wide-band RT, which was good. Over the weekend my armpit was peeling and I have a couple of small open sores - unfortunately right where the bra strap hits. This puts a crimp in my exercise class<sigh>.

I was really worried that I'd have to wait six days for them to heal, like the woman who has her session just ahead of me.

The good news is that they aren't too bad (only hurts when I sweat) and the Doc said we could proceed, since the focused beam for the final five day "blast" shouldn't aggravate the area. He phoned in a prescription for Silver Sulfadiazine, which I picked up on the way home.

The last day of RT is June 3rd. MDH and I have made reservations for a Sunset Wine dinner and a B&B that evening on June 8th. Now we really will be celebrating "The End" of RT.

PM
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.