Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 4
In the past, I’ve used TurboTax. Because of all that is involved, should I be looking for an accountant to file for me while I’m out of the country? Are there specific qualifications I should look for? Thanks again for all your advice and resources.

Normally, I would suggest tax professional with experience dealing with overseas issues, but in your case, one experienced in Armed Services issues would be better. I suspect you might be able to find good referrals from your fellow service(wo)men.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.