Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
In the winter we like the Christmas markets so places like Austria & Germany.

I avoid summer travel, the closest has been May or October. We've done a number of trips to Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Italy and England. What I'd really like to do would be to rent a car and drive to places that aren't as accessible from trains. I doubt I would ever do that since I don't like driving in foreign countries. Also the further out you go, the more likely you'll have language issues.

Maybe hire someone for a day or so and visit the countryside of various places. I've always wanted to visit more of the WW2 sites in Belgium and France. I've also haven't been to places like Prague, Budapest in more eastern Europe.

I've heard good things about Ireland.

I avoided Italy for a long time because I had a work trip to Naples and detested it but eventually we went to Milan, Bergamo, Lake Cuomo and really enjoyed it. My wife speaks fluent Spanish and we probably should do a trip there. I've only been to the Navy base (Rota) which was in a very nice location.

I think any of the above is still possible. Other places that would be interesting to see are in Asia, Australia, or South America but I don't see myself traveling there for a variety of reasons.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.