Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Indeed. I am repeatedly amazed at how simply and routinely awful we humans can be to one another. I am also repeatedly amazed at how wonderful we can be.

Forgiveness is a hard path. Both the giving and receiving of it. I've been on both sides, both are pretty wrenching. That whole things about forgiveness creating something more can be true. Or it can be hollow.

And sometimes, when someone refuses to stop causing harm, forgiveness is allowing yourself to step out of the way and accept that you can't stop everything. Sometimes you can only live through it and find out what living through it makes of you.

ThyPeace, was noticing today how few things really scare her anymore. A result of accepting that I can't stop everything, and must still live a right life even when there's a threat so severe that the lawyers just nodded when I said I had a gun to my head.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.