Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Yum! Molasses, brown sugar, eggs, milk, spices... delicious tradition for Thanksgiving!

Baking as I type....

Vermonter
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I used to make Indian Pudding occasionally for dessert when my kids were young--with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.

ASIDE
A neighbor gifted me with a large pumpkin pie yesterday. Don't know what I will do with it--I already have a pumpkin pie for tomorrow, and there will only be 3 of us. I don't need to eat daily pie for a week! Much as I'd love it--
I don't need to eat daily pie for a week! Much as I'd love it--

Why not, huuuggh?
;-)

C.J.V. - baked mine yesterday, me
OK, OK, pumpkin pie for breakfast...with a side of bacon?!

Speaking of Indian pudding, I also made Indian cereal--vaguely similar. Cook up cornmeal mush with added toasted sunflower seeds. When ready to serve, stir in ground flaxseeds, cream, more salt if needed, maple syrup, and optional crumbled bacon.
AStro:

I suggest putting one in the 'frig and saving it. Tastes good cold or warm!

Vermonter
Speaking of Indian pudding, I also made Indian cereal--vaguely similar. Cook up cornmeal mush with added toasted sunflower seeds. When ready to serve, stir in ground flaxseeds, cream, more salt if needed, maple syrup, and optional crumbled bacon.

As kids in the 40s and early 50s, my mother would make fried cornmeal mush for breakfast for us. She would boil cornmeal with water and a little margarine to form mush. This was poured into a greased square butter mold and allowed to cool overnight. It was then turned out, sliced, fried in margarine and served with syrup for breakfast. Cheap & filling.
;-)

C.J.V. - always liked scrapple when I lived in N.J., me