No. of Recommendations: 0
Ineligible: If you exceed the income limitations for a Roth IRA, consider partial contributions, and putting the balance in a Traditional IRA. Your contributions will not be tax deductible, however you will still benefit from the potential of tax-deferred growth

I just noticed that if you make over a certain amount of money that you are ineligible for ROTH accounts. I do not currently, but plan on making more money that allowed for a ROTH account. Would it be foolish to invest now if I will not be allowed to contribute within a couple of years?

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.