Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
We just received the following notice:

A recent review of your pension contributions to the ... Pension Plan ... indicated a contribution made after your termination date .... As a result of [a] payment on March 9 [6 months after leaving], 2012, a pension contribution of $xx.xx was made to your account. At that time you were no longer an employee eligible to contribute to the plan.... Because of this, we need to reimburse you for the $xx.xx plus earnings.

So, does this get credited to 2012 income and I need to file an amended return? Or will it just get included into 2013 and I don't need to worry about it?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.