Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Ive been buying guitar lessons (specific songs) from a guy I like on-line. He is willing to give me recommendations to improve my playing if I send him a video.

I’ve been trying to record myself playing an acoustic steel string guitar using my iPhone. The video is fine but the sound is bad (I mean other than my fat finger playing). It sounds very tinny.

I’ve also tried a $50 Logitech video camera. Again, the video was fine but the sound was much worse than my phone, often breaking up.

I just want to record a few songs, so I don’t want to spend a great deal. The mics I’ve seen on the web for recording music range from $400 and up. Way too much for my needs.

Is anyone know of an inexpensive mic that can make a decent recording of an acoustic guitar?

Thanks,
AW
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.