No. of Recommendations: 0
Hope everyone is doing well.

I was curious if anyone had antecdotal or other information on Greenville, North Carolina which I believe is 70 miles south of Raleigh.

I ask because the opportunity to buy a business in that area as been made available. At 1st, I was not interested to grow my business portfolio in some 'small town'....but as part of the deal, I MIGHT be able to get the current owner to not just sell the business, but 4 acres of commercial real estate with it. So I figured that perhaps the business may not be that enticing, but perhaps it's worth it to get at that land.

Anyone have an idea if that area has long term growth prospects?

Thank you. Jedi
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
My sister and I were just discussing Greenville last night. Oops, never mind, that was Greenville South Carolina we were discussing. She thinks it's up and comming, along with the real estate in North GA that is quickly becomming the playground of the rich in Atlanta as Highlands NC land gets over built.

IP
No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks.

I've also been reading about towns north of Atlanta. Theory being that instead of going south to the poorer part, growth will go north of the city with Marietta in its sights.

Did you or her have any thoughts about... Marietta or Rome in Georgia?

Jedi
I can't claim to know the area at all.

IP
"I've also been reading about towns north of Atlanta. Theory being that instead of going south to the poorer part, growth will go north of the city with Marietta in its sights.

Did you or her have any thoughts about... Marietta or Rome in Georgia?

Jedi "

Its been 20 years since we moved from Marietta and the Big Chicken, but in the 80s, Marietta (and Cobb County) was already a high growth suburb of Atlanta. So "growth" has already long been going on there and other northern suburbs like Roswell and even farther out along the highway 400 corridor toward Lake Lanier. Heck, I bet by now even Kennisaw (sp?) is a commuter suburb. (Kennesaw became semi-famous a number of years ago when in an anti-gun control backlash, the city council passed an ordinance REQUIRING all heads of household to carry firearms!)

--Leftcoastjayhawk