Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My dear friends,

Forgive me if this is off-topic. Do I understand correctly that there is no minimum deposit to open an ING Direct Automatic Savings Account? I did a lookup on the Fool(way too much to sift through) and didn't find an answer to this question. I did go to ING's website and looked at the application which does not indicate a minimum. I am hoping this is the answer to my prayers for an automatic savings vehicle. Before I changed banks, I enjoyed such a service at the previous bank, having $10 taken out of my checking account every week. It wasn't much but we all have to start somewhere.

I know I can call up ING Direct-ly (pardon the pun) but I'd much rather hear from people who actually use this company. I respectfully request no answers containing information on the service or lack thereof or issues pertaining to waiting on funds (going in or out). I was able to find info on those issues quite readily. At this point, they shouldn't present a problem as I'm looking for something that will take money out of my spending stream and hold it somewhere accessible but not too accessible.

Luv 'n' Stuff
Bob in Ft Lauderdale
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.