No. of Recommendations: 0
Have any of you experienced the following situation with ING lately?

I opened my account in December 2001 and have been making several deposits a month from my linked checking acct since then. For the past couple statements, there has been a note on it saying I need to confirm my linked account which I did in December (it is coming up everytime I am online with them too). I emailed customer service and their emailed response on why this was occurring was "Good question. You will have to call us to straighten it out." I called and got no resolution--I was basically told to ignore it. That was fine until today....

I am trying to transfer money from ING to my checking acct (first time I have tried this) and it wouldn't let me. I called customer service again and the idiot on the other end tried to tell me it was because I haven't confirmed the link (I told him about my previous conversation with customer service and that I had been transferring money for months.) He then told me he couldn't help me and that some internal department was going to have to deal with it. This will add a minimum of 2 days to the 3 days it takes to do the transfer. I explained that I needed the money by the end of this coming week--nothing. No offer to call me back with the info on the account. I had to demand an email to know if and when the situation is resolved. Luckily I have a savings acct with my B&M bank but I am still mad about the fact I can't get to MY money. Any suggestions (beyond switching online banks)?

ARR
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.