No. of Recommendations: 0
Anyone know how long it takes to open an ING savings account? I opened one online, using the downloaded form, filled it out and sent it along with my initial $50.00 investment on 5/16. Still nothing as of 6/30. I sent something to their Customer Service dept online and am waiting to hear from them. Anyone else here have a similar experience? I am concerned because my form had all of my personal information on it, (SS#, address, birthday, etc.)

B20
Print the post Back To Top
I've had an ING account for about a year and haven't had a single problem.

I opened the account electronically. The info was submitted on a Wednesday or Thursday, and the confirming electronic deposits were made by ING into our account by the following Wednesday. Once that info was confirmed with ING (by phone), the first transfer was made from our checking account to the ING account. That initial deposit had to sit for a couple weeks.

If you are having problems, you should give them a call @ 1-888-ING-0727. I got that number off their webpage. I've called a couple of times, just to confirm a couple things, and the customer service employees are great.

Good Luck.

Allan
No. of Recommendations: 1
Bucknail,

I have no dealings with ING personally; but, I'd sure phone them, first thing in the morning. I'd think you would have received some sort of confirmation by now (allowing for your mailing's initial delivery, nearly 30 business days have passed by my count).

Best regards,

Sails

We opened our ING account totally electronically. Quick, simple. Very pleased; the customer service folks have been great. I now send $25 of each paycheck to our ING savings account, which I intend on letting run 'forever' just to build up a backup kitty. Every few minutes I take 2 minutes and go online and create another CD to up the interest rate; these CDs, when they 'mature', automatically (after they give you an email notice) rolls over into another similar CD at that current interest rate, etc. etc. This way I'm building up my own rolling ladder of CDs at what always seems to be a competitve rate.
Besides good customer service, I want to especially point out ING's privacy policy: they are 1000% 'opt-in', unlike any other bank I know. (This may come from them being a European bank, since Europe now has a stronger policy law than we do, prohibiting unauthorized trafficking in personal information). This is outstanding; they never share anything they don't legally have to unless you EXPLICITLY tell them they can. I just wish to hell some American banks would get some American morals back and stop throwing our privacy overboard just to make a quick and dirty (emphasis on the dirty) buck. Thank god for ING; they now have my savings, and my CDs.

JP
Do you mean you mailed it with a check? I opened mine online and there were a couple of emails back and forth with account numbers, small withdrawals from my checking acct., and it all happened over a 1-2 day period. Very painless. I've also heard excellent comments on their customer service. Call them right away.

Jennie
I just opened an ING account electronically late last week (Thursday I think it was.)

The verificaiton process requires you to confirm 2 ING deposits into your linked checking acct.

My two deposit transactions (as well as my initial $200 draw) just appeared yesterday. If you haven't yet seen the draft or the two confirming deposits then I would contact them. Perhaps the routing info or ckg acct number weren't a perfect match.

96hokies
Definitely give them a call - ASAP.

I opened my account in April - electronically. Like others have said, took about 1.5 days for the confirmation deposits to be made and the account opened.

If you have waited this long, need to follow up on it. Could be lost in the mail. Double check if your check was cashed - if it was and ING still says no deposit received, you need to follow up on it quickly.