Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 15
Fox's Laura Ingraham evidently has a segment called "Positively Boosted" she uses to celebrate the news that vaccinated individuals have contracted COVID-19.

Wait, wut?

Fox News host Laura Ingraham clapped in celebration when reporting that Gen. Mark Milley, the highest-ranking US military officer, tested positive for COVID.

In "Positively Boosted", a regular segment on her show when she showcases vaccinated public figures who catch COVID-19, Ingraham on Monday night discussed the news of Milley's diagnosis.

Ingraham, a promoter of vaccination disinformation, was absolutely gleeful.

Well, nobody hates like a liberal, amirite?

I have to admit I'm a little surprised that the cross she always wear around her neck has not burned a hole straight through her chest.

Miley, fully vaccinated, has mild symptoms... just what's supposed to happen for the fully vaccinated (not that vaccination makes them fully immune to infection, but when infected, they generally remain well enough to avoid hospitalization and death).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/laura-ingraham-clapped-celebratio...

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Laura%20Ingraham%22&src=...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
While on a recent thread, people are being mocked for voting Trump if they died of Covid.

I love it --- that there's no nation any longer.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Laura Ingrown--one of many with no redeeming social value.
Laura Ingrown--one of many with no redeeming social value.

Other than - helping negate trillions in Covid spending by being part of your country's tribal nature.
No. of Recommendations: 4
While on a recent thread, people are being mocked for voting Trump if they died of Covid.

At some point, we cease being sympathetic toward those who are jumping off of cliffs in the hundreds of thousands while encouraging others to do likewise.
No. of Recommendations: 10

There is an important distinction here, a matter of public health and safety.

I am fully vaccinated (2 Pfizer shots) and a booster. I got Covid and was sick as a dog for almost a week. You want to mock me, go right ahead. I’m still here alive and kicking (male, over 70, pre-existing conditions). I’m convinced I’m still here because I was fully vaccinated. No hospitalization, no morgue.

I was with 11 family members (all vaccinated) and not one has had any symptoms, for which I am extremely grateful. I isolated for 11 days.

I did everything I could to ensure I wouldn’t get sick as well as making sure no one else got sick (family, strangers, healthcare workers, etc.).

People who don’t get vaccinated endanger themselves, family, strangers, healthcare workers, etc. Through their selfishness, they spread the disease and prolong the pandemic AND keep the possibility of a more dangerous strain developing.

In other words, they are a danger to themselves and others.

JMNSHO, one of the 2 groups (vaccinated and unvaccinated) deserve to be shamed.

AW
No. of Recommendations: 1

There is an important distinction here, a matter of public health and safety.

I am fully vaccinated (2 Pfizer shots) and a booster. I got Covid and was sick as a dog for almost a week. You want to mock me, go right ahead. I’m still here alive and kicking (male, over 70, pre-existing conditions). I’m convinced I’m still here because I was fully vaccinated. No hospitalization, no morgue.

I was with 11 family members (all vaccinated) and not one has had any symptoms, for which I am extremely grateful. I isolated for 11 days.

I did everything I could to ensure I wouldn’t get sick as well as making sure no one else got sick (family, strangers, healthcare workers, etc.).

People who don’t get vaccinated endanger themselves, family, strangers, healthcare workers, etc. Through their selfishness, they spread the disease and prolong the pandemic AND keep the possibility of a more dangerous strain developing.

In other words, they are a danger to themselves and others.

JMNSHO, one of the 2 groups (vaccinated and unvaccinated) deserve to be shamed.

AW

++++++++++++++++

Wow, just wow. You should re-read this post a few days from now. It is too fresh right now.

There are so many "I's" here, it is funny. It is not all about YOU. It is also laced with judgment and strongly asserted opinion. No tolerance or diversity here. It could be written by some RWNJ you usually rail against.

Show me the mirror!

You cite some kind of distinction here that is supposed to dismiss the otherwise obvious double standard you push. No esta aqui hoy.

ww

At some point, we cease being sympathetic toward those who are jumping off of cliffs in the hundreds of thousands while encouraging others to do likewise.

YES! I have expressed the same sentiment for years and you know that (after all, you have been ordered to read all my posts - and I appreciate the good work and proof of it right to this minute)

Indeed. Less sympathy for their own actions and results.

There used to be a word for that. Anyhow, the ISH-MENT is now mainstream. Difference is - Covid - will eventually be like the flu.

Culture - will only get worse and I agree - cease being sympathetic. Or in case of the Leader - sit back, benefit from plans laid years ago.

Haha
Hi AW...

I was on record here - I got each Vax as early as I could get in line. I quarantined zealously for these years. I also voted Biden for two reasons (I want to milk ACA and other money from taxpayers who deserve to be milked. Also, - covid. I despised making a mockery of masks and vaccines so while *some* here are gutless wonders - I was happy to openly go against "my side" so there's not much more I can do to agree with you on Covid safety)

Yes, people who are a danger to themselves and others - should be shamed - like YOU said.

So despite sex-ed in my public school - if I go have sex and get HIV - will you shame me? Any posts from you shaming those who got STDs?

If I carelessly engage in behavior, that gets someone pregnant before being married, and I had NO plan how to care for a family - - and I join the 33% of Americans, 70% of Americans within *some* communities in feeling the economic punishment of having kids carelessly - -do you shame me? Any posts from you links? Links shaming people who engaged in such economically destructive behavior?

If someone carelessly takes out loans, to get a major in something that is not marketable and whines about jobs and debt - any posts from you shaming them, and telling them to stick their college loan payments?

I know you'll find ways around that - you're smart and good at this. I'm spoiled, the one who usually engages me is weak and easy to meltdown so when I get a real person - I gotta recalibrate :). But either way.....YES, I AGREE - people who , AFTER warning - engage in behavior destructive to them and others- DESERVE to be shamed. Someone here used to say 'punishment'.

The death - even I can't cheer.

But the mayhem, violence, angst, tribalism, ungovernability....well, I won't express my reaction - but I think even the non-diverse enclave knows what it is -
Not in the camp of throwing a party on the graves of antivaxxers dying of covid. Ingraham has sold her soul to Fox for ratings and there are no boundaries on bad behavior. She is a creature of the right owned by Murdoch.

There is no part of her narrow twisted repertoire anyone of conscience should emulate.

It is worthwhile pointing out that more than a few of these florid cases of covid among right wing celebrities are not responding to ivermectin. It's even worse than Beck self-medicating, he has doctors prescribing this shiznit for him. Don't know what happened to the medical profession during covid. Too many of them are part of the grift pushing supplements and useless medications.First do no harm gives way to first make a profit. Same thing that motivates Fox and Ingraham.

https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/2022/1/13/22882619/persp...

Talk-show host Glenn Beck said Wednesday that he is battling COVID-19 for the second time and, most concerningly, revealed that the virus is “getting into” his lungs. He is treating the illness with a combination of drugs, including ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine, and said on The Mark Levin Show, “My doctors are hitting it really hard.”

In making the announcement, Beck became the latest target of people who believe it’s OK to make fun of unvaccinated people who become seriously ill or die. Beck has said he didn’t get the vaccine because he had COVID-19 in 2020 and believed it gave him natural immunity.
No. of Recommendations: 2
I don't feel glee when an anti-vaxer dies, I feel sadness. I've read too many
of the articles on SAV (sorryantivaxer), feel bad for the youngsters left behind
by mom or dad's belief in hucksterism.

I've read enough hatred being tossed by Trump supporters, that I do understand
why some vaccinated people take pleasure in hearing of the demise of anti-vaxers.
I do not have sympathy for the anti-vaxers, will not be making any donations to their
Go Fund Me efforts that their surviving family members undertake.

I probably would not be sad if Laura or Tucker or Sean passed on, but they are not
anti-vaxers, I'd bet money that they've been vaxed and boosted. They deserve getting
a big bite taken out of their behinds by karma, for the disservice they are doing to their
viewers, and the unrest they are fomenting in America. But it won't be covid striking
them down, most likely.
KITKAT...

In fairness....

Who isn't slave to ratings in that business? Do you think FOX or MSNBC isn't in it for ratings? C'mon each side knows to exploit the tribalism for its own benefit. I grant you that right now it's the Right using it for more terrible things - yes - but in the end, they all sell their soul for ratings.

Yes, many examples of anti-tax, anti-mask people 0- getting sick and dying.

But the flock isn no't buying it - why - because as someone said here for years, to very arrogant and gutless opposition - balkanization, and pushing peoples further into their corners will result in a tribalism. And yeah, if you tell a tribe to worship a picture of a an ox or a star- LITERALLY in human history - they have done so. Anti-Mask is now religious to these people - religious to where they won't even listen to their own priest - in this case Trump touting boosters. Religion can be fine - but look around, people don't question "religion" when they're told to blow themselves up. OR somehow, to make the cow "sacred" while frowning upon certain poor people or "castes" right outside their own temple. Or wanting to give life to all "God's Children" but not wanting to help pay for their pampers and day-care. This is now religious.

As someone who spent 15 years here predicting tribalism, and Sunni/Shia Croat/Serb style balkanization I'm hardly surprise by any of this and I continue to believe: This is nothing. One day it'll get worse. We'll seriously be here saying "remember 2021? Those were easy times compared to our politics now".

Appreciate the kind, thoughtful, response KitKat and I hope that once again you feel you've gotten the same in return
Nice post Joe. (sorry if it offends you that I said that:)

As someone who is vehemently covid-safe, *and* resentful of those who I feel have helped make even y local school district unsafe due to beating back mask mandates, etc....I also don't feel glee when they die. BUT - the only sympathy I feel is for loved ones left behind. The people who were TOLD the science, who had the MEANS to get a jab and mask - when they die again I don't feel glee- but at best I shrug my soldiers and I'm frankly more annoyed when someone scores against Detroit during a hockey game.

My side loves touting "personal responsibility" - and I believe that 100%.....so in this case, well, if someone doesn't take personal responsibility - oh well. No cheer - but no sympathy unless for loved ones left behind.

To me this is one of those times, you really gotta want freedom, and really need to appreciate it. Because sometimes I get tempted: No vax, no mask, - ok - no driver's license. When this whole thing started I wrote that the trillions we're gonna spend - that's gonna end up buying Starbucks drinks and Chinese goods.....I wish the hammer was down - and *everyone* MUST stay inside, and the weekly rice-beans-and cookie supplies will be left on the doorstep. We're gonna stop this thing from spreading. Then you get vaccines. THEN once you show anti-bodies, here's your driver's license back and go on about your business.

But alas, that's tyranny. And I guess the one thing better than doing what I said - is NOT being allowed to do what I said.
Fox cynicism is off the charts. Hard to understand the 4 million viewers who believe they get any truth from the opinion hosts like Carlson.

Wonder how they will react to the newest grievance trump has added to his rallies:

WHAT MR. TRUMP SAID

“The left is now rationing lifesaving therapeutics based on race, discriminating against and denigrating, just denigrating, white people to determine who lives and who dies. If you’re white, you don’t get the vaccine, or if you’re white, you don’t get therapeutics.”

The image is Wile E. Coyote running off the cliff legs scrambling wildly still in the air until he looks down

I thought the white base was supposed to loudly condemn the libs for being vaccinated and for the left's annoying harping on everyone to be vaccinated. trump just pulled solid ground out from under his coyotes and the whipsaw switch to being aggrieved by being denied vaccines will be interesting to watch. Will they hit the canyon floor in s soft poof of dust?
No comment on that grievance by Mr Trump.

That stuff is happening in some arenas.

I used to be against it - until I learned what Liberals - from their non diverse enclaves are all about.

So I hope such preferential treatment exists - and proliferates.

We need more of that in Ivy League faculties, and in the I.T fields for sure.

In one state - I read a headline that non-white teachers will be paid more.

*giggle* - doesn't upset me any longer.
No. of Recommendations: 5
GQP: “You’re denying my right to get a vaccine I don’t want!”

They’re complaining they have to get in the back of a line with black people in front of them.

But…that’s how lines work.
GQP: “You’re denying my right to get a vaccine I don’t want!”

They’re complaining they have to get in the back of a line with black people in front of them.

But…that’s how lines work.

++++++++++++++

Generally lines are first come, first served. That is how they work when the balance of access are otherwise equal.

You are encouraging something all together different. A line based on race or worse yet affirmative action. Most honest folks would see this as race based and not first come based.

But...that is how some minds operate.

ww
No. of Recommendations: 5
You are encouraging something all together different. A line based on race or worse yet affirmative action. Most honest folks would see this as race based and not first come based.

That would be true if that’s what she said, but she didn’t, so you’re being dishonest.
but when infected, they generally remain well enough to avoid hospitalization and death)

Maybe that's what she's so unhappy about.
No. of Recommendations: 6
there is no line to get a COVID vaccine at least in California. You make an on line appointment at CVS. You park, walk in, get out your ID, check in and sit in a chair. Out in under 15 minutes.

No line.
there is no line to get a COVID vaccine at least in California. You make an on line appointment at CVS. You park, walk in, get out your ID, check in and sit in a chair. Out in under 15 minutes.

No line.

That's California - the most populated state in the country. They have almost 40 million people and I don't know the exact figures, but the vast majority of that is from the middle of the state, down to the border with Mexico. Which brings up a question: are people in Mexico crossing the border to get the vaccines? I hope so!

Easy to get vaccines is generally how it is everywhere, I believe. The problem is those who aren't vaccinated don't want to be. I know a guy who got the first two shots but won't get the booster. I asked him why. He said because he had covid so he feels protected enough. And he doesn't want to put stuff in his body if he doesn't have to. I thought that was odd, because that is usually what someone would say about pills or other medicine. Maybe people have an odd idea about what a vaccine is.
The most significant source of vaccine tourism in the US is from Asia, especially Taiwan. You gotta be able to afford the 3 week vacation though. Or......

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/taiwan-guam-vaccination-t...