Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey dere ya'll an Merry Christmas!

I got a delema I needs some advice about. Mah good fren down at de Lost an Fount AnteQ store give me some o dat enjectable you mix up in dat little jar what look like a p-nut buttah jar. I wants to try it, but I jes know it ain't gonna be as good as some-a ya'll might have come up wid.

I'm gonna smoke a fresh picanik poke shoulder in my ole watah smoka (dat be de one dat will havta do til I gets me a Webbah). Ennybody gotta good ressapee and a little friendly advisement as to how I should proceed?

Tanks - TC
Print the post Back To Top
Hay TC ~ Merry Christmas to you too, frien.

Dang, ah wish ah could hep ya wif dat injection question...but...not being a big fan of dat injectin' technique,me, ah just doan have any advice t'give ya. What's in dat jar dat you gots? Is it good stuff, or does it read like a chemistry textbook?

I'm thinking mebbe a mixture of a good, thick unfiltered pilsner...some honey...and some melted butter...mebbe a lil' dat WHITE Worchestershire sauce would make a tasty concoction, eh?

Lemme know how it turns out.

Chez
No. of Recommendations: 4
Hey dere, dis be de Cuhnnel 'n Ah ovaheered y'axin' dat ChezJean bout injection mix 'n Chez him he say, "Dang, ah wish ah could hep ya wif dat injection question..."

Waal, now whut in de hell duh yuh 'spec a Yankee boy to say 'bout a topic lak dat? Yeah, shore ... Ah know he gonna yammer on 'bout how long he spent in Nawlins 'n all dat trash. Ah ain't for shore dat it's true dat he wuz dere ... Ah din't nevah see'd him dere 'n Ah been ovah dere drinkin' cawfee 'n munchin' dem beenyays at de French Mahrket 'n he nevah did come up 'n "howdy" me. How cum dat is, Mr. ChezJean, HHHHUUUUNNNNNHHHH? Yuh gots sumpin' gin us folk frum de Cornfederated Air Farce??? Carefuhl, Boy, yuh gittin' on dangerous ground, ya heahr me, BOY!!

Now back to dat 'jection mix question. Ah has been usin' 'jection mix now off'n'on foh 'bout twenny-five year. Frien' o' mine ovah to New Iberia him, he tawt me dat 'long wit fryin' torkies. He said dat he had stahrted out wit water, lemon juice, 'n spices dat he tawt went good wit dose birds. He put dat in a lil ole pot, den bile dem rat good, den he filter out de solids. Said dat later he stahrted to usin' wan o' dem spice bags fer de bilin' 'n den he don' have to filter. Later by'm'by he had some whaite whine leffover (dat a funny ting fohr a Cajun to admit to??) 'n he mix summa dat in dere.

Ah stuck pretty close to his ressapee foh a while, but den wan tam Ah wuz fussin' wit sum o' dat Japanee cookin' 'n had sum Terror Yackee sauce. Ah tawt dat wood be pretty dang good, so Ah mixed it wit white wine. A lil while later Ah came 'crost sum Tony Injection mix, bought me a bo'lle, tasted it, doctored it 'n den used it. De turkey him, he jus' dispapeered so Ah figured it mus' have been pretty fair. Ah nevah got a chancet to check it out. Ah axed MawMaw 'n she said it were "tollible". Ah din't pay no 'tenshun to whut de udders say, cawse dey din't want to huhrt mah feelin's. Dey had seen or heahred whut happen to some who try dat. MawMaw she, dat gihrl ain't nohow skeert of me, she know jus' how de cow ate de cabbage, 'n iffen it ain't good, whooooeeboy! do she let me know.

Ah would suggest dat yuh taste test dat injectionable stuff, use yo' lil ole weak brain, 'n tink 'bout how it gonna taste wit dat piece of meat. If need be tak a lil piece of cooked pork, rub a dab of sauce on it 'n den taste test it. De final taste am goin' to be cornsidabull milder so tak dat inter 'count. Den iffen yuh wants tuh yuh kin doctor dat up so dat it suits yuh. Feed it tuh summa yuh frien's dat won't lie to yuh, speshully dem dat laks to tolt yuh whut a lousy cook yuh is, 'n see how dey lak it. Howevah, iffen dey gits sick 'n has to go see ole Doc Boudreaux, den cook up a big batch, send summa dat stuff to dat ChezJean 'n udder Yankees. Oh, by de way, iffen yuh ain't a Southerner, jes' eat it all, yosseff! Have fun!

DeColonelCAF
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hey dere Cuhnnel, an Merry Chistmas to you an MawMaw!

Chez, him axed whut wuz innit so here goes:

It be one o dem Lou Anna Cajun Maranade ting you gits at Wal-Mart. It have salt, spices, garleek, papyrika, on-yon, xanthan gum (whut evah dat is), natural an articfichul buttah flavorin wid added color, celery. Dis stuff is made in Opelousas, Loozyana so I speck it might be alrite, HUH? It say it fo turkey, poke an beef. Howsumevah, it look lak it mo intended fo fried turkey.

Cuhnnel, Ah kin see from you generous advice dat Ah coud speri-ment a lil bit and come up wid jest about enny ting Ah wanted. Ah really 'preciates it! Ah'll mix up sum an taste lak you recommend an being attuned to spices an flavorins as Ah am, Ah'm sho Ah kin do de necessary adjustin to make it mo bettah. Ah has also considered makin some wid Lizard Sauce an some homemade muskydine wine Ah has. Ah'll add sum salt an spice it sum mo wid whutevah Ah find in de cubburd. (Ah might ought to try dat on a cheap butt fo Ah shoots in a spensive cut tho, eh?)

Tank you both very much an Ah'll let ya'll know how it turn out tomorrah nite.

TC
No. of Recommendations: 3
Waal, now whut in de hell duh yuh 'spec a Yankee boy to say 'bout a topic lak dat? Yeah, shore ... Ah know he gonna yammer on 'bout how long he spent in Nawlins 'n all dat trash. Ah ain't for shore dat it's true dat he wuz dere ... Ah din't nevah see'd him dere 'n Ah been ovah dere drinkin' cawfee 'n munchin' dem beenyays at de French Mahrket 'n he nevah did come up 'n "howdy" me. How cum dat is, Mr. ChezJean, HHHHUUUUNNNNNHHHH? Yuh gots sumpin' gin us folk frum de Cornfederated Air Farce??? Carefuhl, Boy, yuh gittin' on dangerous ground, ya heahr me, BOY!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL ~ YANKEE!! Who you callin' a Yankee, HUHHH??? Is you tawkin' t'me? Is you tawkin' t'me??? Why, you ol' coot...if ah wuzn't so busy a'laughin' at yer Foghorn Leghorn impersonation, ah'd come across dat bayou & "howdy" you, fersure! Ah would. Now if ah wuz a damn yankee, wud ah know this:

You Might Be A Coonass If

The crawdad mounds in your front yard have over taken the grass.

You greet people with "Howzyamomma'an'dem?" and hear back "Dey fine!"

Every so often, you have waterfront property.

When giving directions you use words like: "uptown", "downtown", "backatown", "riverside", "lakeside", "other side of the bayou" or "other side of the levee."

When you refer to a geographical location "way up North", you are referring to places like Shreveport, Little Rock or Memphis, "where it gets real cold."

You've ever had Community Coffee.

You can pronounce Tchoupitoulas but can't spell it.(also, Thibideaux, Opelousas, Ponchartrain, Ouachita, Atchafalaya.)

You don't worry when you see ships riding higher in the river than the top of your house.

You judge a po-boy by the number of napkins used. (Amen!)

The waitress at your local sandwich shop tells you a fried oyster po-boy "dressed" is healthier than a Caesar salad.

You know the definition of "dressed".

You can eat Popeye's, Haydel's and Zapp's for lunch and wash it down with Barq's and several Abitas, without losing it all on your stoop.

The four seasons in your year are: crawfish, shrimp, Crab and King Cake.

You "wrench" your hands in the sink with an onion bar to get the crawfish smell off.

You're not afraid when someone wants to "ax you something".

You don't learn until high school that Mardi Gras is not a national holiday.

You don't realize until high school what a "county" is.

You believe that purple, green and gold look good together (and you will even eat things those colors).

You go to buy a new winter coat (what most people would refer to as a windbreaker) and throw your arms up in the air to make sure it allows enough room to catch Mardi Gras beads.

Your last name isn't pronounced the way it's spelled.

You know what a nutria rat is but you still pick it to represent your baseball team.

You have spent a summer afternoon on the Lake Pontchartrain seawall catching blue crabs.

You describe a color as "K & B Purple".

You like your rice and politics dirty.

You pronounce the largest city in the state as "Nawlins".

A friend gets in trouble for roaches in his car and you wonder if it was palmettos or those little ones that go after the French Fries that fell under the seat.

You know those big roaches can fly, but you're able to sleep at night anyway.

You assume everyone has mosquito swarms in their backyard.

You realize the rainforest is less humid than Louisiana.

Mais, ah recon ah best git mah lil' hors ready, and git to dat Christmas Party. Ho Ho Ho...

YankeeMahArseChez

That would be me. :-)

Mare
Monsieur Chez, bout done had ta laugh parts ob my anatomy off...rofl. And nother one dat ma famille allus makes fun of...

Ifn you likes yo cafe du monde coffee strong enough ta stand a spoon up in an evah body else in de house wonder out loud how you even gots a stomach linin left....ROFL

Mah friend, you done made my day.

Magique(whos original family name was Ledoux so I knows sumpin bout dat bidness bout you name not soundin like it be spelled)...ROFL

That would be me. :-)

Mare

An you nevah worry bout dem unless dey too big ta hunt wid hand guns...ROFL
An you nevah worry bout dem unless dey too big ta hunt wid hand guns...ROFL

I don't worry about the roaches. The critters that I treat with respect are the SPIDERS what're big enough that they EAT those things!!!!!!!

insomniaMare