No. of Recommendations: 0
inparadise writes (in part):

We have 6 months left in a lease and the estate is selling the property. The sellers and agent have been very aggressive about insisting we let them into or onto the property, (which we pay a pretty penny for,) so that they can do sales related inspections and non-emergency repairs to satisfy the buyer. We have a dog (on the lease) that will destroy herself if they are even in the yard and we have told them they may not be here if one of us is not, that in order to make it more likely that we can accommodate them they need to give us as much notice as is possible, a request they routinely ignore. I am often a 7 hour drive away getting our vacation home ready to move to and DH puts in huge hours at work. Their insistence on someone being here is putting his bonus at risk, a bonus that can be up to 90% of salary.

I reply:

I'm not a real estate lawyer, I haven't seen your lease, and I don't know what state the property is in. But unless their entry onto the property is in compliance with the lease (I assume you have a written lease), I expect that they're trespassing, plain and simple. The ultimate threat is to ask a court for an injunction to prevent them from entering your property other than as permitted by the lease. --Bob
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.