Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
My discount broker informs me of insider purchases and transactions. One of my stocks seems to be somewhat of an anomaly. I was pretty sure share buybacks were only a thing when a company is out of growth mode or grown so large, it has decided to give money back to its share holders

DDOG has been doing nothing but buying back shares. I am unsure what this means. Are these rewards to employees? Or are the shares off the table for good? (or until they re-issue shares if needed) Is this weird or is it just me?

According to my broker, they've bought 111k shares from june 23-29. According to yahoo finance insider transactions page, they've purchased 114,895,976 shares in 78 separate transactions in the last 6 months. thats 114 million shares? their shares outstanding are 176 million. They've sold 6 million shares in the same 6 months?

I am just puzzled, honestly! Please help and thank you for reading and any help!

Be aware that I'm reading many of these things for the first time, so be gentle if I'm reading things incorrectly in my analysis :)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.