Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Is there a board like "Fools fighting Insomnia" ?

Mac, insomniac

Print the post Back To Top
Hi Mac,

It looks like insomnia has been covered on the "Fools Against Depression" board before. Here's one recent thread I found. I don't know if it will help you, but maybe it will lead you to some other ideas.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=21666456&sort=whole#21671785

- Karen

Thanks, Karen I will check this link out.

Mac
I've gotten out of synch because of my DHs sleep schedule. And I have some (arthritis) pain too. I've found that Excederin PM (just one, not two) once or twice a week helps me get to sleep. I don't wake up groggy. I only take it when I don't have to get up for anything specific the next day. I'm slowly getting back on schedule.

Another discussion said to try calcium and magnesium at bedtime. So I'm going to start taking my daily calcium pill at bedtime (it has both).

I've also cut out all caffinated drinks, and am going to bed at a set time.

Disclaimer: this is my try at solving the problem - it may not work for you. But I hope something does.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Mac. There is a 'Fools with Sleep Disorders' board that might help. Not very active, unfortunately.

Good luck,
m