Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
Hi, board.
I've been following this board actively lately with the recent drops in CREE's share value. Thanks to everyone for their contributions.

On the subject of Accum/Dist., I would like to share some records I've been keeping of CREE's monthly institutional purchases, as reported every 2nd Friday by IBD. *HOWEVER, these are only the buys of institutional funds they have ranked as A+, A, or A- (ie., only "the very best".).

My records go back to Nov. '99.

Date/# of Institutions buying/$Millions invested:
11/12/99 - 4 Inst./$23 Mil.
12/10/99 - 6 Inst./$50 Mil.
01/14/00 - 8 Inst./$57 Mil.
02/11/00 - 10 Inst./$234 Mil.
03/10/00 - 21 Inst./$563 Mil.
04/14/00 - 12 Inst./$163 Mil.
05/12/00 - 12 Inst./$194 Mil.
06/16/00 - 18 Inst./$488 Mil.
07/14/00 - 20 Inst./$526 Mil.

As you can see, these purchases, by the best funds, were near their highs (all-time highs, no doubt) going into last month. By this track record, CREE had been doing quite well in early summer.
But they have had an "E" for A/D from IBD for a few weeks now, I think. So, I won't draw any conclusions now, but will be watching for next Friday's update from IBD. Weighed against this track record, those #'s should be telling.

stooge9

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.