Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Generex has gone up significantly in the last few days.

I'm not sure exactly why but they did announce some good news as to the introduction of their bucally delivery glocose spray which could have a potentially big market. They announced it a while back though but the market didn't seem to care until orders came in?

They also got some promising results from an immunology cancer trial but that is a long way from 'near market'.

Their competition (and their budgets!)in the alternative insulin market is great but so is the insulin market (every one in the developed world is getting fat it seems...) They have a small delivery system and oral absortion. Not many competitors can boast that. They are focusing on non US North American markets for their insulin. Their glucose spray will be sold in the lucrative US market.

Islet transplant seems to me as a real possibility eventually but the scientific barriers are huge right now. I think we will need a while for that and a few new technological 'tricks'. Their is possibly an immun 'trap' with islet transplants. In type 2 obese diabetics it is hard to understand how islet cells will be a solution. Insulin resistance will persist. This is the market that will grow the most and these type 2 will probably come to depend more and more on insulin as they get older.

Oral insulins trials have been around for a while but the basic problems of delivering protein through the digestive system without doing to much damage to the protein remains compexe. Bio apsortion is also an issues that limits most potentiel solutions to the above mentioned problem of protein stability.

Basically let us all eat more fruit and vegetables!!!

Any ideas about where this great insulin story is going?

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.