Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm going to be getting an insurance settlement from an automobile accident. Am I going to have to pay state and fed taxes on it?

If so, is it the full amount or the balance after paying the medical bills?

Can I still put the medical bills as a deduction if the settlement is or isn't claimed as income?

Your answers and any other advice are greatly appreciated. If you need more info just ask.

Thank you.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.