Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Last week, Bill Gates was on Larry King Live. Gates said that the TV will be transformed dramatically from what it is today in the next 5 years. This was his segue into Web TV which Microsoft owns.

I believe that Gates is correct and that AOL appears to agree with their interactive TV offer. So having said that, I strongly believe that interactive TV is a tornado in the midst since just about every household has at least one TV and the number of internet users is growing dramatically. Companies to start researching are: Liberate Technologies (LBRT), ACTV Inc (IATV), Open TV (OPTV), Wink Communications (WINK), and Tivo Inc (TIVO), among others. I need to do my own research as well and figure out if a gorilla can emerge in this market.

The gorillas that I am invested in include: QCOM, (JDSU - whether they are a true gorilla is questionable, but their business definitely has a very high-barrier to entry), and ARMHY (a gorilla in the making). I do not invest in MSFT, INTC, or CSCO since I am an aggressive investor looking for young companies with tremendous upside. The laws of big numbers are working against the old gorillas.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.