Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
intercst:"There is an open enrollment period. You can't just sign up at any random time during the year and get health coverage under Obamacare.

If you don't buy a policy by March 31, 2014, you're locked out until Jan 1, 2015. The open enrollment period for 2015 coverage is Oct 15, 2014 to Dec 07, 2014."

I've been told that if you move to a state with it's own exchange....you get to sign up in that state ....no 'enrollment' period required....

Obviously, with many signing up for HMOs that limit areas of practice...heck, in CA, the plans are BY COUNTY...... if you move...you
are going to have to be able to change plans.....or get one in the first place.......

I'm sure the geniuses in DC figured that out.

If you are on a local HMO and move.....what then? You get no coverage until you can 'sign up again' in a different state or in the case of CA, a different county?

I'd venture that more than half the plans don't transfer....maybe NONE of them transfer across state lines....

Bfut the genius in the WH must have a fix....or one coming after fix number 857 is implemented sometime next July.....(of some year).

t.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.