Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 9
Interesting article, but I don't see the issue as "rich vs wealthy". Those words are actually synonyms for each other. The article is about living to make and/or invest money vs using your money to live. If money is your primary goal, you will never have enough. If living is your goal, money is simply one of the ingredients you can use to achieve your goal. It's pretty simple, but people still struggle to find the best balance for themselves.

After years of tracking my money and investments in retirement, worrying about my best tax and investment moves, figuring out how to optimize government benefits, etc. I realized a few years ago that I would rather spend my time enjoying life by spending my money on things I enjoy. I might not always get the best deal. I might not always have my investments in the optimum balance among market segments. I might miss an opportunity to pay less taxes. . . But I will do enough research and investigation to get in the ballpark of optimum and spend the rest of my time having fun. I value fun highly.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.