Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Interesting choices. Your portfolio is similar to mine (I have 9 including Microsoft, Intel, JDSU, Celera, Nokia, considering LHSP/ELON/BLDP). My choices were based on the TMF Rule Maker/Breaker criterion. Rule Makers make up 80%, Breakers 20% - thats my risk tolerance. I notice that you're suggesting 10 potential gorillas and 4-5 speculative stocks (say Breakers), so to generalise, you have around 33% Breakers and 66% Makers (say Gorillas) - thats a personal risk choice, but be prepared to possibly loose all your Rule Breaker investments. You may also want to consider "non-technology" stocks to diversify in sector. I also have KO and PFE, and I'm considering PG, JNJ ,a financial stock or maybe an index such as QQQ (Nasdaq) or SPY (S&P 500). These days when you see the Dow pushing up and the Nasdaq on a drop, it's good for the soul to see some black on your portfolio.

Best of luck
Jim
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.