No. of Recommendations: 0
Interesting, Docusign may not have a specific notarization process set up for the State of Georgia but Georgia law allows an eSignature by a notary

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-10/chapter-1...

For anyone who cares. It is a matter of putting a notary in video communication with a signer so the notary can prove identity and verify the person identified signed and then putting the notary in the signature loop.

Therein lies the problem of course, getting a notary (absurdly conservative sometimes, why not, they usually do it for free) to cooperate.

I have a case on Tuesday. My client is (and this is not an isolated case but it is getting down to the bottom of the barrel) an utterly and complete either idiot or illiterate. I sent her a text message stating, “I can put in testimony by affidavit (so they don’t have to appear in person) if they send me what they want to testify about. I will turn it around into an affidavit to them and they will then need to sign and notarize the document and PDF it back to me by no later than 9 a.m. Monday.”

I really don’t see the ambiguity there. And yet this afternoon my client emails me going, “why are you emailing and having my witnesses print out and sign their affidavits?” Blink - blink. She indeed does speak English as her native language. She types to me with proper spelling and mostly proper grammar.

So, guess what, some of her witnesses are telling me, “I will have the notarized document to you by Tuesday.” Great, might as well be by Tuesday, March 3, in the year 2187 as that would do us an equal amount of good.

Now, if I could just Docusign these affidavits...but oh well. CYA and what do I care. I mean, can anyone see any ambiguity or confusion at all in that communication? Don’t answer, because of course there is not.

Part of dealing with human beings. We may share similar DNA, but our capacities hae a very wide range of variance that far exceeds any differences we may have in individual DNA. I am still floored and astounded by this. In 20 years this is the most in your face, “didn’t you read what I said!” i have ever received. And yet she sent me verbatim back the message i sent her stating, “why are you emailing these back to my witnesses to print out and sign and notarize.”

Her case. I’ll do the best I can on Tuesday. Sigh....

Maybe someday this won’t be an issue, but not today.

Tinker
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.