No. of Recommendations: 0
...for techie basics and investors researching companies / products in which they are considering investing.

http://www.webproforum.com/wpf_all.html
Print the post Back To Top
Great site!

I've been looking for a single source to translate some of the techno-babbble. Looks like you found it for me.

Thanks!

JP
jt,

Thanks for the tip on this site. It does look very helpful. Perhaps we should link it to the board's FAQ, the next time we update that.

In the meantime, am expecting to get cable modem hook-up this coming week, so was checking to see info. relevant to the hardware setup. Charter Commun. (St. Louis), a Paul Allen company, is the local cable provider. Prior to upgrading each subscriber area to two-way cable capability, right now they have what they refer to as a "hybrid" system in my area - meaning cable download, but telephone uploading. So they couple their cable modem installation with a tel. modem connecting thru their partner ISP, Earthlink. I now know after checking the site you referenced that this is called a "telephony return interface (TRI) system". Now I can sound more intelligent when speaking to the CABLE GUY <g>.

By the way, will be accordingly needing to change my email address with TMF - has anyone done this lately?? Just wondering if I'll be without access for a length of time. If someone knows, please drop me a line.

-mgk