Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi, All,

I'm new to this board. I scanned back, but didn't see anything relating to this, so bear with me if it's been covered before.

The company I work for has merged with another. In our old 401k plan, we received detailed, monthly statements, showing exactly how many shares were purchased, the dates the purchases were made, and the total amount owned, down to point-000.

Since the change, we now only receive quarterly statements, saying, "Here is the cash value of your account", with no dates, amounts, totals, etc. I've called them to get more detailed info, only to be told that that data is "not available". Is it "not available", or do they just not want to give it to me?

The company uses Schwab, and it just doesn't make any sense to me that, using my social security number and my account number, I can't find exactly what I own, and the dates the transactions were made. I mean, it seems to me that if they can say "here's the value", they should be able to say "here's what you own".

Is this a common occurence? Am I asking too much? If not, then what should be my next step?

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

mike
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.