Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
Interesting .. we have our own little 1999 party going on here. Next thing is you're going to tell me the elevators will stop working come new years day, eh?

Second, the drop is a 50% retracement from it's initial uptrend. Totally normal for a stock. Okay, so Siri took it all in one drop.

Yup, sure ...

Third, every single time since August this stock has had a severe drop, a big announcement followed. Right before the NFL--big drop. Right before Howard Stern--big drop. (not this big? Well, they were all 50% retracements)

And just why does one have anything to do with the other? These events are disconnected and it may just be coincidence.

Unless ... are you accusing someone in the background of playing games with the stock knowing that announcements are coming ??

Fourth, Siri is going to be added to the Nasdaq 100

We don't know that for sure, do we? I read the bloomberg article someone pointed to, and it didn't say for sure that either XM or SIRI would be added. And I think the adjustment will be a secret until its announced, eh?

I agree this would be large - only because the portfolio managers would be required to buy the stock. If this happened to SIRI it would help out the company considerably.

Sixth, Stern wants to leave Infinity NOW. There is no way he will be there for another year.

Agreed, if he were to move now it would be a big thing. But there's these sticky little contract things.

Someone quoted the Infinity people as saying if they were to get a check for Sterns contract he could leave today. So someone would have to pony up another $100M, and I would be seriously concerned if SIRI did that in their current financial condition.

Seventh, the conference where they will announce their earnings in January is going to be the real kicker. Their target is 1 million subscribers--believe me, they will have no less than 2, and then this stock is really going to run because it won't be so beind XM which is 37/share.

Okay, this is where my 1999 quip came from.

This, my friend, is pure hype. If they sold 1.2 million radios this quarter we'd already know in several ways. e.g. on the XM board some are noticing the placement of XM gear in Amazon's early adopter or gadget lists. If SIRI were selling at a 1.2 million / quarter rate, don't you think they'd be on that Amazon list?

And as for the concept that if both have equal subscribers, they ought to have equal share prices .... did you not pay attention in Stock Trading 101?

The market cap ought to be equal - not the share price.

My friend, please understand the difference between market cap and share price. If SIRI's and XMSR's price were equal, then SIRI's market cap would be 5x XMSR's, meaning the market is valuing SIRI at 5 times the value of XMSR.

Eight, when I start making profits, I take half, and then buy again. I didn't mean to cash in everything at 6.98. It was an accident the computer made.

Uh huh, "it was an accident the computer made", and just who was telling the computer to make that "accident"?

This stock is the poor man's Google

Hype

- David
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.