Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
I read some funny/interesting things that had happened to interior designers I thought I would share:

"I asked a notoriously slow-moving client how a very large batch of proposals had been returned so quickly with checks and approvals. She replied that she had met her husband at the door one evening with the paperwork pinned to her negligee."

"Shipped at $40,000 custom onyx inlay to Europe for an install. Found out it didn't fit. Broke it into a thousand pieces and installed it anyway."

"In a plumbing showroom, a client asked me to climb into a whirlpool tub with him to make sure it would accommodate him and his girlfriend who was my height...."

"The truckers of a colleague got the house wrong and installed a whole truckload of furniture in an open house that was for sale."

"A very wealthy elderly couple chased me out of their house - with a broom - screaming 'highway robbery' after I showed them a $30 a roll wall covering."

"A client complained about a stain on the new wall covering we installed in his elevator vestibule. I discovered that the stain was merely the shadow the chandelier threw off, to which his wife commented: 'That's my husband, the Rhodes Scholar'."

"A client flew in an animal psychologist from LA to observe his pet parrot's reaction to the color of his room - to ensure the parrot liked the color."
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.