No. of Recommendations: 1
International investing has been a heated topic at bogleheads. Since it hasn't worked in the last decade or two some people see no reason to hold international funds. They also justify it by saying a lot of US companies do business overseas.
I think it is a good time to try and preserve money since things may get rocky in the next few years. There are a few too many people who are expecting returns that I think are very unlikely.


You may be right about "time to preserve money" at least that seems to becoming more likely. If the weather continues to fuel fires and rain acid it will be time to bail out.

I keep a WWL ETF screen where top 50 now has a "Geography Objective" 78% Domestic, "Asset Class" 60% Equity (the remaining 40% contains mostly Real Estate and a few Fixed Income). Holding International Asset Class would be very risky for the near future.

GD_
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.