No. of Recommendations: 0
Just signed up for this newsletter. I'm looking for an international broker, checking out EuroPac Capital and Interactive Brokers. I have an account at E*Trade but find their global market access pretty limited.

Any feedback on the first two or a better suggestion.

Thanks,

Dirk
Print the post Back To Top
dirk, I am in the same position as you. May I ask who you ended up with? I had been seriously considering euro pacific but their commision is around 3% buying and I haven't been able to get a straight answer about the commision for selling. looks like they want another 3% for that as well. That's really expensive, but the broker suggested that its better than what you'd get trading pink slips and paying high commision on currency exchange which he says are both a rip off. If you have any experiance or advice on this I'd appreciate hearing what you have to say. I don't know where to begin to check the validity of this.

Thanks!
Just wanted to corroborate that the euro pacific capital buy and sell commissions are both 3% (according to what a rep there told me).

In "Crash Proof", Schiff argues against ADRs:

"...ADRs are issued only be the largest foreign companies. .. Also, banks incur costs in creating ADRsa dn sometimes keep part of the dividend to cover their services... Another possible drawback is tah tthe underlying companies that sponsor ADRs are subject to the sometimes excessive... regulation American companies must comply with... Many well-run foreign companies choose not to subject themselves to onerous and costly regulations when they can avoid it."

I suppose, according to this thinking, if most of the companies GG recommends have ADRs, then GG might be missing a number of good investment opportunities. Still, if the GG companies are sound, maybe ADRs are a good way to go so one doesn't have to pay the 3% commission.

DrG9