Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I know I keep referencing Intrades odds, eventhough I believe it's off by 10% or so, biased towards Obama. But the day to day changes in the odds, I believe, do reflect accurately shifts in the momentum between the two. It's the only "quick gauge" on the daily odds. The other polls are a summary of several days, so it takes a while to read them.

Well, after the debate last night, Obama's odds dropped by 2 more points. It is now at 58%. Had been as high as 75% several weeks ago, when it appeared Obama had it wrapped up (before the 1st debate). It was 64% after the 2nd debate, when Obama got a boost.

And before the debate last night, it was at 60%. Now afterwards today, it has dropped to 58%. Which if you take away the 10 point bias, I would read that as 48% for Obama with Romney ahead at 52%.

Although Obama may have won the debate last night, he didn't have the knockout punch he needed to overturn it....therefore, Romney wins overall.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.