Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
invest the rest in a form which I can get before age 60?

You can get the money before 59 and a half from an IRA by withdrawing substantially equavalent payments over your expected life and then normal withdrawl rules when you get to 59 and a half. All that said, I'd do the match, than a Roth, and then I'd consider the taxable investments. Do the math and see if the substantially equivalent rules give you enough money. If so, I'd max tend to max the 401(k).

If not, I'd put some in Vanguard Tax Advantaged funds. I have some in VTGIX. Because I maxed out my plan.
Print the post  


Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.