Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi---i've posted this question on a coupla' other message boards here, cuz thought i might get more responses and i wasn't exactly sure which message board this belonged on anyway. So----I've always wondered about this---correct me if i'm wrong, but in order to invest in an IRA, you must be employed, because the money you are investing must be "earned income". I have been disabled 20 years now, and have managed to live off my investments. I just bought a house 18 months ago (first time home owner). If someone owns their own business, they can start a Keogh (sp?) plan.....if you are employed, you can invest in a 401k.....i am not employed by someone else, nor do i own my own business. Other than keeping w/ the same type of investing i've been doing in the past, how can i put money away for retirement? (...or in my case, my old age, since i guess i'm already "retired") Thanks, and sorry for the multiple postings.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.