No. of Recommendations: 0
We dissolved (sorry - had to!) our small investment club at the end of 2000. I am working on filling out our PA state taxes, but I'm hung up on the end of the PA-65 form. Since we dissolved the club, we sold our stocks & distributed the gains among the members. Seems like I should be recording our gains in Part VII - Partnership Distributions (as well as on line 9 'Total Income'), but I'm not sure.
If so, under which category? Line 21 'Return of Capital Distributions' OR Line 22 'Distributions in Excess of Partner's Capital'?
I'm perplexed. I also sent an e-mail to the PA Dept. of Revenue, but I thought maybe someone here could help.
Thanks in advance.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.