Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings fellow fools, I am a long term lurker first time poster. I read the book “You have more than you think” several years ago. At the time I had quite a bit of debt do to some bad business decisions. In the next few months I will be debt free save for my house and want to start planning for retirement. I was really excited about the investment strategy suggested in the book about picking “Obviously Great Companies” and the Foolish Four. I understand that the Foolish Four has fallen into disfavor somewhat. Is the “obvious great companies” still a good place to start or is the general consensus to go in to an index fund? Many thanks for your advice and suggestions.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.