Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
InvestorNoFool wrote:

<<I have purchased a product called Spinrite since the Beginning. It has helped me out with hard drive problems more than any other program. Their web site is www.grc.com/spinrite.htm.
>>

Does it really work? It seems that the creators of this program either don't know too much about Iomega drives, or they haven't tested it out much, because it says that it can fix disks damaged from the click of death problems on Zip and Jaz drives.

Uhh...I've only heard about the click of death on Zip, not Jaz, have I been missing something? I don't think so...I've been reading many news articles about the click of death, and I've never seen anything about it affecting Jaz drives...

Eric

P.S. Winston, news.com reported the figure as less than 1% of total drives, but when you've shipped so many drives, "less than 1%" will still cause a lot of public outrage, which it obviously has.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.