No. of Recommendations: 0
What did you guys think about the article today on the Fool.com? Sounded like a possible market-beater for years to come. I'd like check out fellow HG members' opinions. I'm thinking of taking a position in this company.
Print the post Back To Top
Hi Gordon -

Want to run an analysis of it and learn how to do it in the process?

Interested? Then go over and read about the Foolish Socratic Dialog trial <http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=20189642> in the "Getting Started" board and start a thread.

This is a great opportunity to learn by doing and to work together to work over a stock.

Yours,

Jordan
No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi Gordon,

I am actually the culprit who penned that article on the Fool today, and I take full responsibility for all my actions :)

Serioiusly though, if you guys have any questions about my research, I'd be more than happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

Fool on,
Dan
No. of Recommendations: 3
Another positive review was done here:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=20004056

about a month ago. I originally bought INVN in June last year and did the review as a checkup on whether it was good to continue holding. There's a lot in common with Dan's article today.

-Mike (mklein9)
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hey Mike (mklein9). Looking over your previous INVN post (great post by the way) it looks like you would consider the stock to be fairly valued at this point? The unknown is what kind of a premium the market could tack on given the 'flight to security' environment. Another security stock I have followed RAE is also taking off - taking off into La La Land I might add - and provides further evidence that the market is prepared to really jump on the bangwagon in the coming months. DHB could also be rewarded with a hefty premium over the course of 2004 - we shall see. Are there any other security companies that you are looking at that could further benefit from todays environment? Thanks for your thoughts.

Quote of the day, "We owe almost all our knowledge not to those who have agreed, but to those who have differed." - Charles Colton

Peace,

JMac
Thank you, JMac. Yes, based on my valuation a month ago INVN in the neighborhood of $37, which is right where it is today, would be my "fairly valued" range. But this was put together with conservative estimates, I think, and the numerous potential sources of revenue and profits that Dan listed in his article (and I didn't even look at in my valuation) provide for some extra potential in free cash flow and/or margin of safety. Also, as time goes by, more uncertainty should be removed from projections of future performance. These factors can all increase the fair value from my calculation.

I'm still quite comfortable holding INVN now. I personally wouldn't jump out and buy more, but I like Dan's points and support his valuation, and hope that with time the fair value continues to rise.

So... I think my answer is "maybe". :-)

-Mike (mklein9)