Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I tried lowest-dose Invokana some years ago. It's effectiveness was reduced even further (by 50%) due to another drug I took (info from the Invokana official tech info page about drug interactions), but it still worked effectively. I was also taking a statin, but it was generic Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium) and there was no apparent problem with that drug. When I told the doctor about the 50% reduction in effectiveness, the Invokana was stopped.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Invokana was an effective drug for me but considering it was not covered by insurance, it became unaffordable when they stopped renewing my manufacturer's discount benefit. I've been happy with Jardiance since then, and while not cheap, it's affordable and supposedly good for the heart as well.

Fuskie
Who has also been participating in the Sweetperks rewards program which lets the manufacturer track his usage in exchange for free stuff like a foot massager, air filter and blood pressure monitor...

-----
Premium Home Fool: Ask me a Foolish Question, I'll give you a Foolish Response!
Ticker Guide: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME), MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY), Mimecast (MIME), Hain Celestial (HAIN), Royce Micro Capital Trust (RMT)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disassociation: The views and statements of this post are Fuskie's and are not intended to represent those of The Motley Fool or any other sane body
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx#Condu...
Invitation: You are invited to interactively watch Motley Fool Live online television: https://livechat.fool.com
Call to Action: If you like this or any other post, Rec it. Better yet, reply to it. Even better, start your own thread. This is YOUR TMF Community!