No. of Recommendations: 0
One of the 13.. iterations was to fix problems with HAs which was only a partial fix in my case. Problems continue with ReSound Smart 3D app interaction with hearing aids such as having to open app twice to connect HA. Then there are multiple instances of settings arbitrarily changing on the fly which means annoying beeps and hearing changes.

In hindsight - should have stayed at iOS 12, not happy. 8-(

George
Print the post Back To Top
I guess I'm having a similar problem. I didn't realize it had anything to do with iOS 13.

What I'm getting is that the ReSound Smart 3D app (on my iPad) simply will NOT connect to my hearing aid. No matter how many times I try it.

But since I can't get it to connect from my Android phone app either, I assumed it was a problem with the app itself - or maybe with the hearing aid.

I don't know...
Be interested to know if this gets fixed. Thinking of upgrading my phone. Still have a 6 plus and not entitled to latest upgrades. Cannot hear properly without putting on speaker phone and thought it was just my phone but also recently used an 8 from a friend and same problem for me.. it’s my hearing, obviously need a hearing aid soon.
No. of Recommendations: 2
I use the same app.I had the same problem till I found out there was an update that could be downloaded that fixed it.I'm pretty sure I found it from the ReSound Smart 3D app on my phone.
Can someone explain to me please what this app is you are talking about. I suppose I could look it up but is this an app to help people already with hearing aids only? Thx.
Yes, it's an app that allows the user to completely control a ReSound hearing aid.
Sorry, you can only recommend a post to the Best of once.

Thanks! I followed the instructions How to resolve connectivity issues after updating to iOS 13 found here... https://www.resound.com/en-us/help/tips-page

Time will tell if this finally resolves my problem.

George
No. of Recommendations: 1
The iPhone's iOS has hearing aid connectivity built in. See the manual and Accessibility in Settings.
"Can someone explain to me please what this app is you are talking about. I suppose I could look it up but is this an app to help people already with hearing aids only? Thx."

Some companies have hearing aid models specifically designed to synch with an iPhone.

The ReSound brand has an Resound Smart 3D app to control your hearing aids

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/resound-smart-3d/id1134918918
Well, that’s interesting... Just updated to iOS 13.2.2 and the ReSound app works again. 😀
Replying to my own post 8-)
Thanks! I followed the instructions How to resolve connectivity issues after updating to iOS 13 found here... https://www.resound.com/en-us/help/tips-page

Time will tell if this finally resolves my problem.

Well the HAs and the app seem to be working as they should for the past 11+ hours. Now 'DoLoop' posts after updating to 13.2.2 his HAs are working.

Now I'm in a quandary, do I update or not? This iOS 13... exercise sucks!

George
George, just to be clear, the iOS update didn’t cause the hearing aid itself to start working, it got the ReSound app to work (to control the HA). The HA itself has been working normally throughout this whole thing.
George if you update any Apple device, the system will always give you the most recent version that can be used on your Apple device. Any Apple iPhone that can use iOS 13.0 will be able to use 13.2.2 -- so no concerns about your iPhone. Just do the update.
George, just to be clear, the iOS update didn’t cause the hearing aid itself to start working, it got the ReSound app to work (to control the HA). The HA itself has been working normally throughout this whole thing.

Understood - we are clear 8-) The HA hardware is good but iOS 13.n broke the app. The HA folks at Costco told me a later iOS 13 update would correct the problem. Well it sorta did but not completely. I remember reading one of the 13.. update description saying it corrected some issues with HA but I continued having the problems described in the OP of this thread. It wasn't until I did the ReSound procedure described up thread that the problem was corrected(?)

You applied update 13.2.2 to correct your app problem, correct? I'm at 13.2.1 and very reluctant to apply another iOS update. With my luck it would break...

George
Yes, the update I just installed was 13.2.2
DoLoop
Yes, the update I just installed was 13.2.2

Thanks for the feedback.

George
Be interested to know if this gets fixed. Thinking of upgrading my phone. Still have a 6 plus and not entitled to latest upgrades. Cannot hear properly without putting on speaker phone and thought it was just my phone but also recently used an 8 from a friend and same problem for me.. it’s my hearing, obviously need a hearing aid soon.

Well, I have had that issue with the iPhone since about the first one. Course, I also had the same issue with almost every cell phone, so I've used a headset for forever.

Kathleen
Kids joke that I hate talking on the phone so much that I never answer it and if you want to get hold of me, you need to text (true).
How is your hearing though? I can hardly hear without speaker phone on and naturally that's not the best when wanting a private conversation. Do others have the same problem? Wife says I'm deaf, but I'm not that deaf as can hear reasonably well so I thought?
Course, I also had the same issue with almost every cell phone, so I've used a headset for forever.

Word is that the new AirPods Pro are truly awesome. Perhaps they're even better than a headset?

-IGU-
Perhaps but I’m not sticking those in my ears all day!
How is your hearing though?

Depends upon my mood and how much I like the person doing the talking.

Homer has a card that says, "I have selective hearing" and it is factual. He is the reason I started texting so much. I would tell him things and he would say I never told him that. So, now I have it in writing and he cannot deny it.

Kathleen
Word is that the new AirPods Pro are truly awesome. Perhaps they're even better than a headset?

I think you may misunderstand. I have the Airpods. They work just fine. I just hate talking on the phone.

Kathleen
I think you may misunderstand. I have the Airpods.

I said "new AirPods Pro". And you said you used a headset.

-IGU-
Perhaps but I’m not sticking those in my ears all day!

Naturally, I had a pair of Airpods right after they first came out. I tend to keep the case in my pocket. If, by some strange reason I actually want to talk to the person calling, I put them on then.

I was at Home Depot and I was asking the salesperson some questions and some dude came over and said HE was in a rush and needed help NOW!! He had the airpods hanging out and really looked ridiculously pretentious when them in, like "Look at how cool I am!! I have new Airpods!! You need to realize I'm cool."
All the while, I'm thinking, "Dude, if you have to show it off, then you really aren't that big a deal after all."

Kathleen
P.S. Turned out the twerp wasn't in THAT much of a rush after all and hung around for quite a while. When I saw the salesperson again, he was standing in earshot, so I couldn't resist. I very pleasantly said, "So, how did it go with the pretentious a$$hole?" The salesperson tried so hard not to laugh, it was a riot.
I said "new AirPods Pro". And you said you used a headset.

And I did - with the earlier phones. I've had cell phones since the early 80s. I have plenty of good audio stuff. I just really hate talking on the phone. I don't absolutely despise it when I am alone, but I really do not like being on the phone in public. I don't like people being able to hear my conversation even if it is only my half. I just don't like talking on the phone.

However, I will happily and cheerfully text you. If I still need to talk to you after the testing, ok, I can handle it. But so little of my life outside work requires me being on the phone, it is amazing.

Kathleen
A neat feature of the hearing aid/iphone use.

You can put the iPhone on the table closer to the person you're speaking with at a restaurant,& let the phone microphone transmit via blue-tooth to your hearing aids.
A neat feature of the hearing aid/iphone use.

You can put the iPhone on the table closer to the person you're speaking with at a restaurant,& let the phone microphone transmit via blue-tooth to your hearing aids.

I posted about that in this post:
https://boards.fool.com/i-don39t-know-why-voice-over-was-not...

Apple has a ton of built-in accessibility options for all kinds of impairments. For those with hearing impairments, you can use the iPhone with the hearing aids in such a way as to have the phone actually "pipe" that audio to the hearing aids. This includes general audio in a room, not just audio on a phone call.

Like I said, the customer I got set on that was so thrilled, he was in tears. It was really heartening.

Kathleen