Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Really gutted about this IPO, Ive worked out rougly that at IPO the price has a P/E of about 70, thats huge and theyre definitely feeding off the success or Mastercard. Theres massive dilution in EPS due to the sheer size of the IPO. I was counting on this making me stacks of money but at that price Im not touching it. Im thinking they know theyre going to have to pay discover 2 billion in litigation, to back this up barclays bank have bought discover with a mountain of debt, now thay may be trying to "crack America" but with a healthy dose of litigation monies it would be a sensible buy.

Those are my thoughts, like I say really gutted. I also think there is a SEC law that you cant price an IPO at what you think youll get for it you have to price a fair value, anyone know anything about this?

May start another thread about this but VisaNet Brasil is going to IPO soon after VISA so may try to get in on that as its a growing economy with a lot of potential. Jo Doe will probbly miss this one too so the price will probably be sensible, anyone know anything about VisaNet Brasil - Cant find any Annual Reports in English!!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.