No. of Recommendations: 0
..Firstly, let me say how helpful this board is, and how nice all the replies have been, much appreciated..

..my daughter is preparing some college videos for a friend, some vocal/dance videos....simple stuff, on her iPod..

..we've noticed that the audio and video are not synching, even with the playback on the iPod..

..it's not too much of an issue, as she just puts it on Final Cut Pro and makes a quick edit to shove the sound into place, but it certainly is odd..

..anyone have any idea why the audio/video aren't synching?..

..her iPod is perhaps 10 months old or so, looks like a thin iPhone, with a shiny silver back..

..Thanks!..
Print the post Back To Top
my daughter is preparing some college videos…

How is she preparing the videos?

her iPod is perhaps 10 months old or so, looks like a thin iPhone, with a shiny silver back…

Does it have a model name? iPod touch? iPod mini? iPod classic?
How is she preparing the videos?

..she uses her iPod touch to videotape her friend singing, for instance. she downloads the files, imports them to Final Cut, adds simple titles and a fade to black at the end..

..the problem is the audio isn't synching with the video...I would normally have figured that Final Cut wasn't playing nicely with the mpeg-4 videos produced by the iPod, but when the videos are viewed on the iPod touch, they're out of synch..

..so she separates the audio from the video in FCP, and nudges it back into synch, and exports it as a .mov file..
No. of Recommendations: 2
the problem is the audio isn't synching with the video...I would normally have figured that Final Cut wasn't playing nicely with the mpeg-4 videos produced by the iPod, but when the videos are viewed on the iPod touch, they're out of synch..

WHen she first shoots the videos, and plays them back on the iPod touch, are they in sync?

When she imports them into FCP, and plays them there, are they out of sync?

Try reading this, which addresses the problem: http://www.larryjordan.biz/solving-problems-caused-by-audio-...
WHen she first shoots the videos, and plays them back on the iPod touch, are they in sync?

..no, and that's the rub..

..the audio/video are out of synch on the iPod touch..

..odd...and I've search for others who have the same problem and have come up empty..

..thanks for your efforts..
I had thought the syncing problems were being introduced later (in Final Cut).

Is it already running to the most recent version of iOS? For iPods released in the last few years, that would be iOS 6.0.1.

If it's already running 6.0.01, and it's recording videos with out of sync audio, then I suggest a genius bar visit.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Is it already running to the most recent version of iOS? For iPods released in the last few years, that would be iOS 6.0.1.

..well, I finally got my hands on the iPod to check it out....it's running 6.0.0, so it's in need of an update..

..however, when I checked, I realized that my daughter had a ton of applications open in the back ground, so I closed everything, restarted the iPod, and ran a quick test..(filming someone clapping)..

..after closing all the open applications and restarting the device it seems to be much better..(clapping seems in synch)..

..I checked the older videos that are still stored on the iPod, and they are still clearly out of synch..

..could leaving a bunch of apps open in the background cause this?...perhaps??...or was it the restart that fixed it?..

..anyway. sorry for not having checked it myself before bringing it to this board, but I had a screaming 17 year old /senior in high school/taking AP classes/doing favors for friends/all applying for colleges/ in my house.. :)

..those who've lived through that can identify, I'm sure..

..thanks..